Thursday, March 20, 2008

Like a moth to a flame...


"Drawn To The Light" 12x20 on wood-* sold NO PRINTS WILL BE MADE OF THIS PIECE!!


Hooray! I finally have something finished to show you. (It's been a month to the day since I completed an original!) This is the largest painting I've ever done. It measures 12 x 20 at it's widest points. It's done on a slab primed pine with bevelled edges, to which I've added a two tone treatment. I love it's curvy shape, very feminine and very whimsical. The luna moth was my inspiration for colors. I tried to mimic the moth while sketching her dainty little dress. She's very fond of the winged creatures and comes here often to sit under the moonlight and draw them out with her lantern! I'll include more close-ups in the listing.



I'm going to be putting this in the shop momentarily. My internet has been in and out all week, so I figured I should list it while I can. (They're working on our cable lines for the next week! Argh!) I hope to finish a few more pieces by the weekend, so stay tuned...

2 comments:

tascha said...

I really love this one! Very magical!

NANCY LEFKO said...

just lovely....glad to have you back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails